Friday, January 15, 2010

APPLYING CHOKE HOLDS PART 2

Hi everyone hope everybody had a great week. Today's post is part 2 of how to practice applying choke holds. Now in reality issues such as clothing and the size of the individuals neck play a big factor on how successful your able to execute your choke hold. So when practicing applying choke holds there is something that I do with all of my students that helps put more realism into there training.

What I do is this when I put on my protective body armor, to do crisis rehearsal scenarios (improvised hardcore sparring) I place thick padding around my nech area usually making my neck 22 inches thick. This way my students learn how to improvise when applying a choke on a moving resistant person who has an above average neck size. Students learn quickly which chokes are realistic to apply out on the street and which ones are harder or next to impossible to apply in real life violent situations.

So to get a better feel on how well your choke holds are try this training tip out. Try not to focus to much on using training dummies when practicing applying choke holds for they are static and don't fight back and give you a false sense of security of how well you can apply your choke hold tactics.

P.S. Next week I should have a link up for Amazon so you can order my book Secrets of Street Fighting, you will also be able to order it at any book store world wide as well.

Till the next time remember there's no such thing as a dirty fighter only an educated one.

Norm "The Cannibal" Bettencourt.

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Blog Archive

About Me

Norm Bettencourt is the Creator/President of Tactical Self Defense which specializes in personal protection tactics against modern day threats of violence. For more information visit www.tactselfdefense.com