Monday, December 17, 2007

FINDING VARIABLES IN SELF DEFENSE TECHNIQUES

A good question to ask yourself whenever you learn a new self defense technique is "If something could go wrong what would it be?" From here you can see if the self defense tactic you are using is realistic or full of fluff. Ask questions such as if the attacker has a longer reach than me could I still do this?, If I was fighting in a confined area could I still move this way? If my attacker was on higher ground would my self defense technique be successful still? If my body was pumped full of adrenaline would I still be able to execute this tactic involving fine motor coordination? By asking these questions and being honest with the answer you will get no surprises when you have to put them to the ultimate test.

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Blog Archive

About Me

Norm Bettencourt is the Creator/President of Tactical Self Defense which specializes in personal protection tactics against modern day threats of violence. For more information visit www.tactselfdefense.com