Sunday, April 27, 2014

An Anti Abduction Tactic For Kids

Hi everyone

I received an email from a mother the other day asking me about anti abduction tactics for her children. Now generally I don’t go into teaching self defense to kids but I thought that I should relay the information that I gave this mother to all of you in case you are a concerned parent.

Now since I am a dad of two amazing beautiful kids I have researched and tested countless self defense tactics that apply to children. The best anti abduction tactic for kids that I have come across is this simple yet effective tactic that I am about to mention.

Ever try prying your child off a pole or bolted down object? Then you know how hard it is to do. If your child is walking and someone grabs them tell them to hang on to a bolted down pole of a street sign and yell “YOUR NOT MY DAD/MOM”.

If they are riding a bike and someone tries grabbing them and throwing them into a back of a car or trunk once again tell them to hang on to their bike for dear life , keep things simple and similar so they know and remember what to do. This will make it hard to place your child into the vehicle because the bike makes it awkward and difficult to simply place your child into that given space.

This buys them time and attracts attention to their situation.

There’s no such thing as a dirty fighter only an educated one

Norm Bettencourt

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Blog Archive

About Me

Norm Bettencourt is the Creator/President of Tactical Self Defense which specializes in personal protection tactics against modern day threats of violence. For more information visit www.tactselfdefense.com