Monday, February 26, 2007

SELF DEFENSE TIPS FOR FOREIGN LOTTERY SCAMS

Foreign lottery scams have become a big problem in the past year for many people. I have noticed myself whenever I open up my Inbox to check my emails I find that I have "won" at least a quarter of a million dollars from some lottery in another country. I have also noticed now that it is happening over the phone where a detailed automated message is left saying that I have won a so much money. This scam causes huge identity theft problems to it's unsuspecting victims.

So how do you go about finding out if this is true or not. You can call your Better Business Bureau and get information on the lottery or business that is stating you won a prize. But the best rule of thumb is if you don't live in the country that you have won the lottery from you cannot claim the money because you are not a citizen. Bottom line listen to the old adage...if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Blog Archive

About Me

Norm Bettencourt is the Creator/President of Tactical Self Defense which specializes in personal protection tactics against modern day threats of violence. For more information visit www.tactselfdefense.com